I think I have found my answer after going through the LCC module a couple of times. This is supposed to be a pre-design advice and we shouldn’t be spending time on the concept sketches just yet. For our target Niche “Luxury Home Renovations”, I have thought of the following LCC. This would include the following:
- Free Phone Consultation (30 mins to sell “Needs and Options Review”)
- Site visit (2-3 hours incl. travel)
- Basic planning analysis and constraints (2 hours)
- Interactive workshop with client at our office to formulate their brief (1-1.5 hours Something like RightTrack workshop)
- Freehand Sketches (Just a couple) – (2 hours)
- Outline Budget (30 mins)
- Project Team – who else would be required (30 mins)
- Results in the report format (2 hours)
- Price: £1500 ( The clients spend at least £250,000 on their project so this is a small amount to ask for)
Overall I would be spending 10-12 hours on something like this which means £150/hour in the best case scenario which is really good value for our time.
Would be testing this soon with prospects. I would love some feedback so please share your ideas/critique mine.