Please help a newbie to video blogging….

By John Jones

Home Forums Please help a newbie to video blogging….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John Jones
      Participant

Hi AMA rockstars. I’m about to venture into the world of video blogging in order to educate my target market. At the recent NYC summit, I took notes that 2-3 minutes was an ideal time frame. I can picture this working easily for a “walkthrough” during construction or some simple instructional, informational tidbits. However, I plan on doing some highly informational interviews, which I’d expect to last maybe 5-10 minutes or longer. Maybe there’s a distinction between a vlog and an interview; again I’m new to this world. Should I be concerned about interview length? I think not, as long as I’m giving insight that my targeted market wants.

Also, any suggestions for a simple but somewhat professional video interview kit? I’m thinking my iPhone, lapel mics (Bluetooth or wired, I have no clue), selfie stick, small tripod. I’d love to hear from those finding success with this!

String Nikolic
        Participant

The Rode SmartLav is a good microphone for your face to camera videos: http://amzn.to/23B9f9C

John Jones
          Participant

Thanks String. That mic had shown up in my research. Glad to hear your opinion on it.

Rachel Burton
            Participant

There are people or groups that have interviews and they are longer than 3 mins, so I think that shows there is interest in listening to interviews and discussions.

Dennis Butler
              Participant

Have you listened to the interviews Enoch posts on the business of architecture. Great combination of relaxed interviewing style, useful information mixed in with some entertainment. They successfully go much longer. They are even in two parts. Maybe it has something to do with audience listening habits. These take up a lunch time, commute or run with the dog.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.