ARCHITECT PAIN POINTS WITH LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS

By Brandon Reed

Home Forums Marketing ARCHITECT PAIN POINTS WITH LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Brandon Reed
      Participant

QUESTION FOR ALL YOU ARCHITECTS:
        WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 PAINS YOU WISH A LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT WOULD SOLVE FOR YOU TO HIRE THEM?

Luke Durack
        Participant

Hi Brandon, These are not really pain points. They’re more fine tuning issues. I push the importance of a landscape architect in almost all my jobs. Its that important to me and the buildings I work on. That said I get a real range of quality in the documentation that I get (same could be said for architects work as well). Clients find it sometimes harder to understand these drawings than the building plans. Anything that brings the landscape design to life. I would like to also see from the Landscape architects I have worked with ideas that might go outside the original brief. Hope that makes sense Brandon Reed, Designer and Landscape Architect.

Brandon Reed
          Participant

thanks for your feedback and info share Luke. i would love to hear more detailed info on what you mean when you say “Anything that brings the landscape design to life.” Please elaborate if you wouldn’t mind on this sentence.
            thanks.

Luke Durack
            Participant

Hi Brandon I guess I just mean a lot of the landscape architects drawings I see are very basic an unemotional. They communicate the design well to other landscape architects or myself but not to the client. The best responses I get from clients are not when I show them plans or sections of buildings but when I show them perspectives they can understand. I havnt seen this done with landscape architects work but perhaps there are better ways to show the design than plans. Even previous work examples of a particular idea gets a better engagement than me showing drawings. Sorry not sure if that helps.

Brandon Reed
              Participant

Hey Luke. Those are great insights into what you mean and have had experience with…..what is your personal/business email so i can send you some samples of our plans….i would love to get your feedback and thoughts and maybe some suggestions as to how we can improve connecting our ideas with clients….

Luke Durack
                Participant

Hi Brandon from the looks of your website you dont need any pointers from me but happy to look at anything you would like to send through. luke@durackarchitects.com

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.