Any instances where you wouldn’t use an LCC?

By Tyrone Yang

Home Forums Sales Any instances where you wouldn’t use an LCC?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tyrone Yang
      Participant

Hey folks, any instances where you wouldn’t use an LCC? The two situations I’m thinking of are: (1) A very simple, straightforward project, where there really isn’t much zoning, code to investigate (2) Projects where it sounds like they’re probably going to hire you. For (2), would you still break out say $750 or whatever fee out of the proposal as a separate package? I can see the advantage of possibly doing this as a dry run to test the working relationship.

Umberto Guarracino
        Participant

I truly believe that there is no project, however simple and basic it may be, that doesn’t lend itself to optional and different outcomes….so, even if there may not be zoning or building code issues, the very nature of the design process can suggest options (i.e. if you are only changing a door…what kind of door? what kind of hardware? Pros and cons of different doors…doors with glass or with/out?…cost implications of one versus another, you see?) – Even if you know they are going to hire you, show professionalism and true intent in making the experience the best possible for both…and yes, absolutely, this is the best testing ground for the full working relationship ahead of you.

Tyrone Yang
          Participant

Thanks for the input, Umberto!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.